DescriptionOpenCert is a product and process assurance management system to support the compliance assessment and certification of safety-critical systems in sectors such as aerospace, railway and automotive.
- Standards & Regulations Information Management: This activity group supports knowledge management about standards (e.g. DO178C, ISO26262, EN 50128/50126/50129, etc.), regulations and interpretations, in a form that can be stored, retrieved, categorized, associated, searched and browsed.
- Assurance 'Project' Management: Functionalities concerned with the development of assurance cases, evidence management, and assurance process management. They include: guidance and re-use of assurance artefacts, ability to automate the most labor-intensive activities (e.g., traceability, compliance checking, assurance process planning, and metrics management, among others).
- Compliance Management: The OpenCert tools help 'engineers' assess where they are with respect to their duties to conform to safety practices and standards, and still to motivate them to see the effective progress of the work and level of compliance.
- Modular and Incremental Certification: OpenCert supports a modular safety assurance and certification approach to enable cost-effective reuse of pre-qualified building blocks in different contexts (e.g., systems, configurations, upgrades).
- Reduce Initial & Rework Costs: guidance for compliance with standards/regulations and Reuse of assurance/certification assets
- Coping with Risks: deployment of safety analyses and cost-effective and transparent assurance/certification processes
- OpenCert helps create a transparent view of the process and product quality against a set of harmonized compliance requirements derived from standards and regulations.
- Through the use of knowledge-based systems, quantitative methods and modular reuse techniques, OpenCert reduces compliance management and (re) certification costs.